All Anime Sparring SPECIAL!!!! (Workout)
This is a compendium of all the different kinds of sparring in anime. You may or may not be able to do them all, but do as many as you can.
All Anime Sparring SPECIAL!!!!
2. No-Contact Sparring
3. Light Contact Sparring
4. Full Contact Karate Sparring
5. Full Contact Boxing Sparring
6. Full Contact Kickboxing Sparring
7. Judo Randori
8. Submission Grappling
9. Medium Contact Mixed Sparring
10. Light Contact Multi Person vs. 1 Sparring
–3 to 5 Minutes per Spar, depending on your fitness. The Spars have a 1 minute rest in between. If you’re really looking for a challenge, cycle back through the rounds a second or third time. However, I doubt you’ll be up for that.
Train With Our Free Boot Camp!
Don't be intimidated by the complexities of training!
Join our boot camp mini-course to get started in the right direction!
- We’ve covered shadowboxing and no-contact sparring.
- For all the spars, you should where at least a cup and a mouthpiece.
- Gloves are optional for light-contact sparring.
- Karate sparring is full contact, with no punching to the face, elbow strikes, or open-handed blows.
- You should wear headgear and 16 ounce gloves for your boxing and kickboxing spars.
- You should do your Judo randori with mats. You win your randori if you throw your opponent decisively to the mat once, or take him down twice, or submit him. I’ll try to post some videos on Judo randori. Don’t stop because someone wins, just continue until the time is up.
- With the mats, you can also practice submission grappling. Don’t stop when someone submits, just reset and continue until the time is up.
- You’ll only do medium contact on your mixed sparring, since you’ll be doing both striking and grappling. Use MMA rules and MMA practice gloves (not the match gloves, because they are too thin). Also, since you are sparring, keep your strikes light when you are on the ground. If someone gets mount and starts raining punches down, you should stop and reset if the person on bottom is unable to reverse the position in five seconds, as it will be a TKO.
- For the multi-person vs. 1 spar, don’t do any more than four on one and try to go easy on the single fighter, so he can get the hang of it. Reference early Baki posts for notes on Multi-person sparring.
That’s all for now. Hopefully you enjoy this cross-anime workout. Until next time, good luck and train hard!