Baki’s “Newspaper” Workout
This workout is a little different. Toward the end of the series, Baki, in a display of his grip strength, demonstrates his ability to close his fist entirely around a whole newspaper page. You couldn’t see the paper at all. What’s the big deal, right? If you have ever tried to do this, it is extremely difficult. The method is a little more than that, though. You take a page of a news paper–just one page–and lay it flat on a table. Then, you place your hand in the center of the table and, using just the fingers on one hand, crumple the paper up and close your fist around it as hard as you can. After that, switch hands.
|These are the pages where Baki demonstrates this amazing skill.|
Repeat this until the entire newspaper is gone, or until you can no longer continue. But that’s not all…
Baki’s Newspaper Workout
Train With Our Free Boot Camp!
Don't be intimidated by the complexities of training!
Join our boot camp mini-course to get started in the right direction!
- Grip Training w/whole newspaper
- Juggle newspaper ball on fists- 10 Minutes
- You don’t have to complete the entire newspaper, but just go until you can’t. If you want to push yourself, wait until the sale paper comes out for the week. If you drop the ball, don’t worry, just pick it up and start again. Don’t stop the clock.
- What I mean by “juggling” a newspaper ball on your fists, I mean that you should attempt to keep the crumpled paper in the air for as long as you can, using nothing but your fists. Baki did this after he closed his fist around the sheet of newspaper.
- This workout is about grip strength and coordination. You probably won’t get out of breath and literally anyone can do it, because you’re only training with a piece of newspaper.