Basic Training with James Shiba (Takeda Ikki)
James Shiba puts Takeda through hellish training. In truth, the training would have to be hellish, because Shiba’s “Practical Boxing” uses only its fists to to fight, often matching up against other styles in the underground arena that kick, punch, throw, and use submissions. The training for this one is a little simple, but it’s crazy at the same time.
Basic Training with James Shiba
- Run 3 Miles- Goal: 21 Minutes (Add 10lbs to vest or backpack every time you reach 21 minute goal)
- 500 Punches to Heavy Bag (see notes)
- 100 Jumping Hindu Squats (see notes)
- 5 x 3 Minute Rounds Shadowboxing
- You’ll notice there’s not too many exercises here, but there’s definitely ways to make it more difficult.
- For the run, add a weighted vest or backpack when you reach the 21 minute goal.
- On the punches, when you reach 500 punches without stopping, add 500 more punches.
- For the Jumping Hindu Squats I would recommend using LifelineUSA’s Portable Power Jumping after you reach 100 straight reps of Jumping Hindu Squats to increase the difficulty.
- When you become comfortable with your shadowboxing, you can increase the difficulty using LifelineUSA’s Power Punch.