Bowling King- Shautei Lei’s Basic Training
Shautei Lei, a kid with an enormously strong left arm and a knack for bowling (although he doesn’t know it) takes up the sport to help the girl he like and has some hilarious matches against various professional bowlers. Eventually, Shautei Lei ends up being drafted by a rich tycoon and is trained by two world-class bowling coaches. They put him through training specifically designed to make his lower body stable and able to effectively utilize the power of his left arm.
This is enormously leg intensive, so you probably shouldn’t do it in conjunction with any other hard leg day.
Shautei Lei’s Basic Training
-Run 30 Minutes
-Walk 5 Minutes
–As Many Rounds As Possible, Max Time 4 Hours
Train With Our Free Boot Camp!
Don't be intimidated by the complexities of training!
Join our boot camp mini-course to get started in the right direction!
4-6 Hours Later
-Static Half Squat- 30 Minutes (Count times you fall, less times equals better score)
-Practice bowling at least 2 games.
- I realize this workout is a bit much for basic training, so you are more than welcome to scale it down. If you are done after 30 minutes of running– then stop. Pick up with the rest of the workout after the prescribed rest period.
- Really focus on recovery during the walking periods: breathe deep and move your upper body around to loosen up.
- The Static Half Squat is kind of like standing in a horse stance, but instead you’ll take a basic air squat, go half way down (where the tops of your thighs are about 45 degrees with the ground) and hold it for as long as you can. Whatever you do, don’t come up. You can fall all day long, just don’t come up from the position. The point is to train yourself to absolute failure.
- The running combined with the static squat stance will help to build stability in your lower half. Also, don’t expect to do much the next day. 😀
- You are welcome to bowl as many games as you like at the end of the workout, but do at least two, so you can see what it’s like to toss the ball when your lower body is completely trashed.