Class A Tournament- The Finals
The Finals of the Class A Tournament pit Ippo against Vorg, a merciless fighter who ruled the world of amateur boxing with his vicious style and power. In order to beat Vorg, Kamogawa had Ippo learn a new punch: the Gazelle Punch. This punch is built on the spring of the fighter’s legs and was used by Heavyweight Champ Floyd Patterson. To build this spring, Kamogawa pushed Ippo to his limits, but through massage and proper rest, he was able to forge a weapon against the White Fang of Russia.
Class A Tournament- The Finals Workout
Train With Our Free Boot Camp!
Don't be intimidated by the complexities of training!
Join our boot camp mini-course to get started in the right direction!
- 3 Mile Run, 7 Sprints Throughout (Shadowbox 15 seconds at the end of each sprint)
4-6 Hours Later
- 20 Push-ups
- 20 Sit-ups
- 20 Squats
8 Rounds, then
- 200 Jump Hindu Squats (or Jump Hindu Squats in water)
- 3 Minutes Neck Bridge
- 3 Minutes Headstand Work
- 8 x 800 Meter Sprints (Goal: 3 Minutes/Set)
- 4 x 3 Minutes Non-stop Mitt/Bag Hitting
- 3 Minutes Jump Rope
- 3 Minutes Shadowboxing
- 3 Minutes Heavy Bagwork
- 3 Minutes Taking Body Blows
- Pushing to Failure
- 2 Mile Run (Shadowbox 15 seconds every 3 minutes of running)
- First of all, this is killer, you probably won’t finish it and it’s one of those things you will have to work up to gradually. However, you have to remember that Ippo had two years of hard training under his belt before attempting this hellish training menu.
- For Hindu Jump Squats, you’ll do a normal Hindu Squat, but you need to focus on exploding out of the bottom and, as you jump into the air about 1-3 inches off the ground, lift your hands into the air. As you come back down, immediately go into the next rep. Don’t do a rep, land, and reset before you do another rep.
- We’ve covered neck bridging before.
- For the 800 Meter Run, just do it as fast as you can. Your goal is 3 Minutes/set, but don’t freak out if don’t get it for a while.
- For Non-stop Mitt/Bag Hitting you need to be going as hard as you can for the entire 3 minutes. Try to keep your hands up, but don’t worry too much about your form because you’re going to be going all-out.
- When taking body blows, you can have someone put on a boxing glove and hit you all across your midsection. Do it as is comfortable and build up.
- For Pushing to Failure, you can push against another person or two or something else that can provide active resistance against you and is not just a heavy or an immovable object. Essentially, if you stop pushing, it should push you back.
- Be careful and proceed with caution.
That all for now! Until next time, good luck and train hard!