Gohan’s Wilderness Training (AKA: Real Anime Parenting)
I put some thought into it and I decided to do another Dragonball workout, drawing from the first part of Gohan’s training under Piccolo. Piccolo has the young boy survive out in the wilderness, by himself (mostly) for about the span of six months. During this time, Gohan deals with a lot of crap. He makes some friends… they die. He gets chased by dinosaurs on a pretty regular basis. He has to scrounge for food to stay alive. His life pretty much sucks at this point. He’s a little kid, use to nothing more than being taken care of by his mommy. Apparently, Piccolo does not believe in weak-minded, love-based parenting. The optional name of the workout is thanks to my good friend Allen. Thanks, buddy. You’re a great American.
Anyway, this workout is something that is not so cut-and-dry. There are a couple of versions of it, not necessarily for difficulty reasons, but more for time’s sake.
Version 1: The Short One (30 Minutes)
Pick any number of these activities to perform in the time limit.
-Sprints (Flat or Hill Sprints)
-Tree or Rock Climbing (please use gear, if possible… climb at own risk!)
-Free Running through woods
Version 2: The Workout
- Run 1 Mile
- Climb 50 Feet
- Any Type Carry 50lbs for 200 Meters
- Climb 50 Feet
- 3 x 100 Meter Sprint (Flat or Hill)
- 1 Mile Free Running through Woods
- Swim 500 Meters
- Please use safety equipment when climbing. Never climb higher than you feel you can jump if you do not have safety equipment. Seriously.
- When possible, please have a training partner for safety’s sake.
- For the Any Type Carry, you can carry anything you want– Rocks, Sandbags, Logs… whatever. You can also use any means to carry it, such as a shoulder carry, a front carry, or farmer’s carry.
- When Free Running, please do so carefully, especially in the woods. It is easy to lose your footing and fall, possibly injuring or even killing yourself. Never do more than your ability and always take it easy when you are in a new area. If you’ve never done any Free Running, that goes triple for you.