Hanma Yujiro: “Demon in the Back” Workout
Hanma Yujiro is the strongest creature in the world. Not the strongest man– the strongest creature. He regularly tests his abilities against the monsters of the world, whether they be human, ape, bear, or elephant. He possesses the face of a demon in his back and those muscles are the muscles primarily used in combat. He’s so terrifying that even the President of the United States swears an truce with him when elected.
|The muscles of a monster.
- Deadlift– 3 sets of 6 Reps
- Bent Over Row- 2 sets of 8 Reps
- Zercher Squat- 1 set of 10 Reps
- Wide-Grip Pull-up- 1 set of 10 Reps
- Romanian Deadlift- 2 sets of 8 Reps
- Bench Press- 3 sets of 6 Reps
|A bodybuilder’s back muscles.
Combat (Rest 30 Seconds after each set)
- Heavy Bag Punching- 1 Minute
- Heavy Bag Kicking- 1 Minute
- Heavy Bag Throwing- 1 Minute
- Grappling- 2 Minutes
3-5 Rounds, depending on fitness
|Holyfield’s massive back.
Cardio (Pick One for 30 Minutes)
- Swim- Freestyle or Butterfly
- Sledgehammer Swings
- 100 Meter Sandbag/Rock/Log/Barbell Carries (Rest 30 seconds in between sets)
- This workout is all about exercises that will build that “Demon” in your back. These exercises are mostly compound and full body, to make sure that you are developing the most amount of strength, while simultaneously stimulating the growth of the back.
- Warm-up up before this workout. Make sure you perform each of the above lifts with a light weight to get yourself ready for the heavy lifting.
- Your lifts should all be close to 90-95% of whatever exercise you are doing’s RM. So, Deadlifts would be 90-95% of your 6 Rep Max (RM) and you will attempt to hit 6 reps on all three sets with that weight. If you achieve that, on the next time you do this workout, raise the weight by 5#.
- Rest 1-2 minutes in between each set of lifting.
- Be careful when throwing the heavy bag. Make sure you keep your core braced and use proper throwing technique.
- All of the cardio exercises are designed to use your back in one way or another. I recommend changing it up and not always doing the same activity.
- Your carries can be as light at 50# or as heavy as you can manage for the time period.
That’s all for today! Until next time, good luck and train hard!