Holyland: Kamishiro Yuu’s Wrestling Practice
A little further into Holyland, Yuu starts to practice wrestling, although we’ve yet to see him really apply it in a fight. I’m looking forward to the type of complete fighter that he’s starting to become. Hopefully, we’ll get to see him use more and more skills as time progresses. In any case, this is a very simple workout. The wrestling should be done in a grassy area or on sand, instead of a mat, to simulate fighting in real-life environments. I wouldn’t really practice on anything too hard, especially not at first, because you can really hurt yourself.
Kamishiro Yuu’s Wrestling Practice
Practice Shooting (AKA: Penetration Step), no partner- 10 Minutes
Practice Sprawling, with or without partner- 10 Minutes
Practice Wrestling: 30-60 Minutes
- When wrestling, you are not going to go for any submissions, instead you will focus on controlling your opponent and attempting to put both of his shoulders on the ground or having a hard, decisive throw (kind of like in Judo).
- Be careful if you are new to wrestling. You don’t want to end up hurting yourself by going too hard, too soon.
- A few examples of penetration step:
- Sprawling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NymyYoI97qU
- It’s a simple workout, but it has the potential to be very, very painful.