Ippo vs. Sendo- Redux (Workout)
This workout is nasty hard. It’s the culmination of everything Ippo has done up to the point. Truthfully, I wouldn’t even touch it unless you’ve been very comfortable with all the other things we’ve done up till now, but if you feel so inclined, you can scale it down if you’d still like to try it on for size.
So, here it is!
Ippo vs. Sendo- Redux
Train With Our Free Boot Camp!
Don't be intimidated by the complexities of training!
Join our boot camp mini-course to get started in the right direction!
- 3 Mile Run, 7 Sprints Throughout (Shadowbox 15 seconds at the end of each sprint)
- One-Arm Alternating Cable Press- 30 Reps (Each Side)
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press- 2 Sets x 15 Reps
- Alternating Dumbbell Biceps Curls- 2 Sets x 15 Reps
4-6 Hours Later
- 20 Push-ups
- 20 Sit-ups
- 20 Squats
–10 Rounds OR
- MAX One Arm Push-ups (Each Side)
- MAX Decline Sit-ups
- MAX Jumping Hindu Squats
–5 Rounds, then
- 10 x 800 Meter Sprints (Goal: 3:00 Minutes/Sprint)
- 3 x 3 Minutes Heavy Bagwork
- 3 x 3 Minutes Mitt Work
- 3 x 3 Minutes Shadowboxing
- 3 x 3 Minutes Jump Rope
- 3 x 3 Minutes Double-End Bag or Heavy Bagwork
- 3 x 3 Sparring or Sledgehammer to Tire
- Neck Bridging- 3 Minutes
- Headstand Work- 3 Minutes
- For Dumbbell Shoulder Press, you should stand with your feet approximately shoulder-width apart, hold the dumbbells in your hands at shoulder height, palms facing away. As you press up, bring the weights together in an arching motion over your head. You should pick a weight you barely get 15 reps with.
- For Alternating Dumbbell Biceps Curls, you hold the dumbbells at your side and then, alternating each side, curl your arm up until your palm is close to your body. Don’t cheat the motion. The weight is too heavy if you have to use your hips or move your elbow away from your body to lift it. You should also barely get 15 reps here, as well.
- For the Sledgehammer to Tire, you can either use a tire or (like I sometimes do) a fallen tree. Try to put maximum force into each swing. You can alternate your grip each round, if you like. I would say that an 8-lb sledge is a good place to start. You would be surprised the training equipment you can buy and/or make using things at your local home-improvement store.
That’s all for this workout! Since this is a good stopping place for a bit for Ippo, the next thing I’m going to do with this anime will concern ranking the workouts according to difficulty, so it’s a little easier to build yourself up to the hard stuff.
Until next time, good luck and train hard!