Ippo’s First Three Fights
This workout is based on the training seen in the anime for Ippo’s first three fights. It’s similar to the other Ippo workouts but has some differences as well. Hopefully you’ll enjoy it.
- 3 Mile Run (5 Sprints Throughout)
- 20 Push-ups
- 20 Sit-ups
- 20 Hindu Squats
- 3 Minutes Neck Bridging
- 3 Minutes Headstand Work
- 3 x 1 Minute Heavy Bag “Sprint”
- 3 x 3 Minutes Jump Rope
- 5 Minutes Speed Bag Practice (if available)
- 4 x 3 Minutes Shadowboxing or Heavy Bag work
- 1 Mile Run
- 3 Sets of 20 Medicine Ball Ab Strikes
- The workout begins with four rounds of push-ups, sit-ups, and hindu squats. There is no rest in between rounds.
- For Heavy Bag “Sprints,” lay into a heavy bag as hard and as fast as you can for the time limit. There is a 1 minute rest period between “sprints.”
- The speed bag is useful for developing one’s timing. It will take some getting used to, but you’ll get it with practice.
- Medicine Ball Ab Strikes can be done by dropping a medicine ball on your midsection while you are laying down, or having someone hit your abs while standing, with your arms behind your head. There is a 1 minute rest in between sets.
- Added neck bridging, so we don’t lose all that great neck strength we’ve built up to this point. If you can do the full three minutes, you can press a weight or hold it on your chest. Also, some headstand work.