Issei’s Beginner “Devil’s Pawn” Training (Highschool DxD)
Highschool DxD is a mix of supernatural/religious lore thrown right along side a generous helping of fan-service. The main character, Issei, is blessed with a special ability that makes him very valuable, but he’s extremely physically weak and, therefore, not particularly useful. At first he decides that he’s going to train himself to get stronger, but quickly gives up on that, before his training is taken up by Rias, the heiress to a high-ranking devil family.
This workout is based on the things we see both Issei and Rias program for training.
|He looks pretty badass here.
Don’t expect a lot at the beginning.
Issei’s Beginner “Devil’s Pawn” Training
Train With Our Free Boot Camp!
Don't be intimidated by the complexities of training!
Join our boot camp mini-course to get started in the right direction!
- Pull-ups to Failure
- Deadman Hang to Failure
- Run 1 Mile, as fast as possible
- Seated Split Stretch- 5 Minutes
- Push-ups to Failure
- Plank to Failure
- This is a very beginner-level workout.
- Do as many pull-ups as you can, then hang from the bar until your grip gives out (Deadman Hang)
- If you cannot perform any pull-ups at all, just hang from the bar as long as you can until you fall. Do this twice. Once for the set of pull-ups and once for the set of Deadman Hang.
- If you have to walk during the run, that’s fine. Just do your best to get the mile done in as fast a time as possible.
- On the Seated Split Stretch, slowly try to push your legs out wider and lean forward as much as you can during the 5 minutes. Do not hurt yourself, but try to push your flexibility.
- Finally, do as many push-ups as possible, before finally holding the top of the push-up position as long as possible.