Kaoru-chan Training Special (Submission for KSKM)
Kaoru-chan Training Special:
- 25+ Knuckle Push-ups (build up to say 100 then do 1 handed)
- 25+ Sit-ups (if you reach 100 do decline or weighted)
- 25+Jump Squats (build up to 100 then 1 legged)
- 20+ Split Squats (build up as high as you can)
- 15 Dumbbell Punches (each side)
- 4 x 3 min Speed Ladder Work
- 4 x 3 min Slip Bag Work
- 4 x 3 min Thai Pads
- 4 x 3 min Boxing Mitts
- 5 x 3 min Muay Thai Sparring, Kumite or Heavy Bag
- 50 reps of “Kaoru-chan Missile” (http://mangafox.me/manga/karate_shoukoushi_kohinata_minoru/v14/c148/2.html) see through this chapter for explantion
- 50 reps of “Hyakuman Goku Upper” (http://mangafox.me/manga/karate_shoukoushi_kohinata_minoru/v14/c149/10.html) same as above
- “Kaoru-chan Machine Gun” (1-2s as fast as possible)
- Lunging upper to an overhand right (later becomes his signature technique) (http://adamg8.tumblr.com/post/54476183806)
- Shrimp Attack (http://adamg8.tumblr.com/post/54477001004/hamadas-prawn-shrimp-combo)
- 2-4 x 3 min of “Speed Hell” (http://adamg8.tumblr.com/post/54476614310/footwork-used-by-hamada-shadow-patterns-similar-to)
- This workout is aimed at building the speed and explosive power Hamada had as well as conditioning your body in a way similar to his, as well as having you practice his signature techniques.
- It’s likely he weight trains as he goes from a lightweight to middle in a year.
- (From here on the notes are all from Real Anime Training)
- We’ve pretty much covered everything in the first part, except for split squats. A split squat is done from the top of a lunge position. You squat down to the bottom of the lunge, with knee touching the floor, then you stand up. You feet will remain with one leg out front and one leg back. When you complete all of the reps, do the other side.
- The punches with the dumbbell should start out light, like 1 or 2 lbs.
- For the speed ladder, here is a video with some good drills.
- Below is a picture of a slip bag, if you didn’t know what it was. You hit it and then practice slipping to the side like a punch is coming in.