Maito Gai’s Handstand Training
Maito Gai is one of the strongest Jounin in Konoha. He imposes strict training on himself at all times and, if he fails at something, he pays for it by undergoing additional training. When he lost at Rock-Paper-Scissors to Kakashi, he said that he would walk around the village 500 times on his hands, because the training may help him not fail next time, whenever another challenge arises.
|You should see what he does when loses at poker.|
- Phase 1: Walk 100 Meters on Hands in a 8 Hour Period
- Phase 2: Walk 500 Meters on Hands in a 8 Hour Period
- Phase 3: Walk 1,000 Meters on Hands in a 8 Hour Period
- Phase 4: Walk 2,500 Meters on Hands in a 8 Hour Period
- Phase 5: Walk 5,000 Meters on Hands in a 8 Hour Period
- Walking on your hands is hard at first. You might not even be able to stay up long enough to move toward the beginning, so you’ll just have to practice getting up into the handstand. You may need a mat or very soft grass to fall on during this time, so please be aware of that.
- A football field or other flat, grassy area are generally good places to do handwalking.
- You may want to invest in some gloves if you are not interested in building callouses on your hands.
- Try to walk the distance in as few sets as possible, but if you are unable to walk on your hands for the entire length, that’s okay. However, try to do the sets in distances no smaller than 10 Meters. If you can’t cover 10 Meters without falling, you’ll need to redo that section.
- Do not advance to the next phase of the training until you can complete your current phase on three separate occasions, holding to the “at least 10 Meters without falling” protocol mentioned before.
- The later workouts may take you a long time, so you will want to set aside the appropriate time for them.
- The final phase is actually the world record that was set in 2002, according to Guinness World Records, so good luck with that!
- After becoming very good at this kind of training, your shoulders, triceps, core, and balance will be on a completely different level from before.