After challenging Erza to a fight, Natsu is shown doing a training session in Lucy’s apartment. He’s doing a series of calisthenics and appears to have a dumbbell, so this workout is based on that. It’s fairly simple and, because of that, would likely be the kind of training that Natsu would do.
Natsu Trains for Erza
- Dumbbell Curls- 10 x 25# (One arm at a time on all DB exercises)
- Dumbbell OHP- 10 x 35#
- Dumbbell Front Raise- 10 x 10#
- Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise- 10 x 10#
- 50 Sit-ups
- 50 Push-ups
- The Dumbbell exercises are all done one arm at a time. This will also work your core while you are lifting and allow you to get accustomed to real-world lifting.
- For the DB curls, make sure that your elbow stays at your side the whole time and that you are completing the full Range of Motion for the exercise. That means a full hang at the bottom and curling until your arm doesn’t bend any further at the elbow.
- On the DB Overhead Press, start with the weight racked on your shoulder, palm turned in toward the center line of the body. Press the weight up, while keeping your elbow from winging out too far, and rotate the dumbbell so that your palm is facing the away from you at the top of the movement. Achieve full extension of the arm at the top of the movement and return to the start.
- For a DB Front Raise, hold the DB in one hand, palm facing down with the weight resting against your leg. Lift the weight in front of your body with your arm almost completely straight (arm slightly bent) and your palm facing downward. Raise the weight until it reaches the height of your head and then return to start.
- The DB Side Lateral Raise is very similar to the Front Raise, but the weight now begins against the side of your leg and travels up along the side of your body with your arm straight out. The palm of your hand is once again facing down and the weight will raise until it is level with the top of your head before returning to start.
- Your shoulders, arms, and chest are going to take a beating on this workout, so if you have to do less than five rounds, that’s perfectly fine. If you feel like the workout is getting too easy, you may either do more rounds or increase the weight of the DBs.
That’s all for today! Until next time, good luck and train hard!