Random Training with James Shiba: Workout #3
Random Training with James Shiba: Workout #3 (Old School Conditioning)
3-4 Hours Later
Conditioning (Pick Two) for 1 Hour:
- Wood Chopping
- Lifts and Carries (Logs, Sandbags, Atlas Stone, etc)
- Tree Climbing
- Sledgehammer Work
- Uphill Wheelbarrow Pushing
- Sled/Big Tire Pulling (Front and Back)
- Any Calisthenics (Pull-ups, Push-ups, Dips, Hindu Squats, Sit-ups)
- Playing an Athletic Childhood Game (Tag, Leap Frog, Dodgeball)
Boxing for 1 Hour (pick any number):
- Heavy Bag
- Speed Bag
- Mitt Work
- Rope Skipping
Other Cardio for 1 Hour (pick one):
- Hiking with a 25-100lb pack
- Cross-training a Sport (Baseball, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Wrestling, Tennis)
- This is high-volume training, so work your way up to this. Cut the distance for the run and the time for the exercises in half or more if you need to.
- The intensity of these exercises and what you will do during each session will obviously vary, so pay attention to how your body feels and train accordingly. If your arms or legs are so sore you can’t do anything, either go extremely easy on them or train something else entirely.
That’s all for today! Until next time, good luck and train hard!