Shingeki no Kyojin: Cadets’ Movement Workout
The Cadets in Shingeki no Kyojin are extremely mobile. They have to be. Movement is vital to their survival, because the Titans are not just going to stand still and let them attack. Dodging attacks, scaling walls, and running at break-neck speed are just some of the things required of a Cadet. This workout is set up to build the ability to switch between running, climbing, and jumping when necessary.
|When you run out of gas, you’re gonna have to run your butt off.
Cadet’s Movement Workout
Jog 1 Mile, then 5 to 10 Rounds of
- 200 Meter Sprint
- 10 Meter Climb
- 10 Long Jump Squats
- Run 2 Miles
- The first mile is just a jog, so keep it at a very easy, conversational pace. It’s just an additional warm-up for the middle part of the workout.
- Go for 80-90% of your top speed on the sprints. You don’t want to go 100%, except maybe on the last round.
- For the climb, you can use a rope, a rock wall, or a tree. Be safe, whatever you do. If you don’t have but 10-12 feet to climb, you can do multiple ascents.
- When you get done with the climb, immediately do 10 Long Jump Squats. You’ll squat down deep then drive forward explosively with your hips as you come up, leaping forward. As you land, make sure you land in a squat and then immediately start the next rep. Try not to pause in between squats. Make sure that you stay on your heels during the squat, your knees stay in line with your toes, and that you are squatting with your hips and not your knees.
- For the last 2 miles, put everything you have into it. Push, push, push. The Titans are chasing you. You’ve fought as much as you could. It’s time to run. Get back to the wall as FAST AS YOU CAN!