Street Fighter- Fei Long Add-on #2
Here is the last add-on for Fei Long’s training. It’s not something that should be done by itself, but in addition to the main Fei Long workouts, if you are up to it.
- 3 x 3 Minutes Shadow Kicking
- Front Kick- 3 Sets of 12 Reps (each side)
- Side Kick- 3 Sets of 12 Reps (each side)
- Round Kick- 3 Sets of 12 Reps (each side)
- Back Kick- 3 Sets of 12 Reps (each side)
- Hook Kick- 3 Sets of 12 Reps (each side)
- Splits Stretch- 2 Minutes
- Front Kick Stretch- 1 Minute (each side)
- Side Kick Stretch- 1 Minute (each side)
- Splits Stretch- 1 Minute
- Shadow Kicking is just like shadowboxing, except you are only going to kick during the round times. You can use any and every kick in your arsenal during this time period, so have fun!
- At first glace, 3 sets of 12 reps on the kicks don’t seem that daunting… until you realize that 1) You’ve already done 9 minutes of kicking before that, and 2) It’s 3 sets of 12 reps on each side, which means it’s 72 total kicks per type of kick.
- You can use either the front or rear leg when doing the sets of kicks and kick low, middle, or high, but do only one type per set. So, you can do 12 front leg side kicks to a low target one set and then, 12 front leg side kicks to a high target the next. And remember, it has to be 12 reps of that kick on each leg. Plus, you could also practice spinning or jumping variations of the kick during this time. AND, you can also do them in the air, on a heavy bag, against a double-end bag, or a pads that someone is holding. There are a ridiculous number of options here!
- I’m pretty sure you’ll find that not only will your legs be wiped out after this workout, but most of your mid-section as well, since kicking activates your core muscles to a high degree, because that’s where a lot of your power is going to come from.