Tekken: Lei Wulong- Jackie Chan’s Real Life Training
Jackie Chan has been known to train a lot. He favors high volume and endurance training, because it takes a lot of energy to shoot fighting scenes over and over and over again. Jackie’s real life training is very simple, but it keeps him in the shape necessary to practice his skills and continue to film his movies.
|Just in case you needed a reminder what he looks like.|
Lei Wulong- Jackie Chan’s Real Life Training
- Run 3 to 5 Miles
- Knuckle Push-ups- 5 x 10 Reps
- Decline Sit-ups- 5 x 20 Reps
- Bench Press- 3 x 15 Reps
- Pulldowns- 3 x 15 Reps
- Incline Bench Press- 2 x 15 Reps
- Seated Row- 2 x 15 Reps
- Dumbbell or Cable Overhead Press- 2 x 15 Reps
- Barbell Squat- 3 x 15 Reps
- Dumbbell Lunges- 2 x 15 Reps
- Leg Curls- 2 x 15 Reps
- Dumbbell or Machine Biceps Curls- 2 x 15 Reps
- Cable Triceps Pushdowns- 2 x 15 Reps
- Focus Mitt or Thai Pad Work- 3 x 5 Minute Rounds
- Practice Martial Arts- 30 Minutes (Focus on High Repetition of Basic Moves)
- As you can see, there’s not anything special here, but they say that the simplest training methods are the most effective.
- When you are running, you can pick any distance in between 3 to 5 miles. If you are feeling sore, lower the distance and/or pace, but if you’re fresh, you can up the distance and/or pace.
- On your weightlifting exercises, make sure the 15th rep is the last rep you can do.
- Try to rest approximately 30-60 seconds in between sets.