Tekken: Lei Wulong’s Modern Training
As time has progressed, Jackie Chan’s movie counterparts have not stuck with the ancient kung fu brutality on which he was brought up. Instead, we see a modern representation of Wushu training that resembles some more Western styles of training. We see this in a few movies, namely Wheels on Meals, Gorgeous, and Rumble in the Bronx.
|Look how modern this crap is!!|
Fortunately, since these are so modern, a lot of the equipment you need for this workout can be found in a Boxing or MMA gym, a dojo, or many normal gyms. Even though Lei Wulong’s style is overtly kung fu, since he’s patterned after Jackie, I figured it would be good to throw this in here for both authenticity and to keep you guys from getting bored. Here we go!
Lei Wulong’s Modern Training
- Wing Chun Dummy*- 5 Minutes
- Running Hills- 15 Minutes
- Decline Push-ups- 3 x 20 Reps
- Cable Chest Flys- 3 x 15 Reps
- Cable Overhead Press- 3 x 15 Reps
- Ab Wheel- 2 Sets MAX Reps
- Sit-ups w/Twist- 3 x 25 Reps
- Jump Rope- 5 Minutes
- Jogging w/Jump Rope- 5 Minutes
- Speed Bag Work- 5 Minutes
- Double End Bag Work- 5 Minutes
- Run 1 Mile
- Sparring- 3 x 5 Minutes
- If you don’t have access to a Wing Chun Dummy or you have no idea how to use one, feel free to sub out any other martial arts training, such as Kata practice, throwing individual techniques, or even additional bag work.
- When running hills, after you reach the top, you should be completely spent. Naturally, if the hill is longer, you’ll run slower and if it’s shorter, you’ll run faster, up to full speed. Walk down after each length up the hill.
- For the decline push-ups, you can start with your feet on a small bench and gradually work your way up to something taller.
- If you don’t have access to cable machines, you are welcome to use dumbbells for the flys and overhead press. Your 15th rep should be the last rep you can do. If you can do more than 15 reps with the weight, you need to increase the weight.
- If you are unable to do the ab wheel exercise from standing, you may do it on your knees. If you are unable to do it on your knees, you can do only partial reps and work your way up to full reps.
|A tie AND fighting gloves?
Somebody was gunning for a promotion.