The Crystal Gem Workouts
The Crystal Gems from “Steven Universe” have a variety of abilities and are very strong. These workouts are designed to mimic the look and movements of Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl… and Steven! Garnet is primarily about strength, Amethyst’s workout focuses on her carefree attitude and how much she jumps around, Pearl’s is centered around graceful movements.
|They’ll always save the day.|
- 21 Thrusters @ 95#
- 15 Front Squats @ 95#
- 9 OHP @ 95#
- 6 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls @ 95#
- 3 Barbell Curls @ 95#
- 25 Meter Bear Crawl
- 25 Meter Cartwheels
- 25 Meter Long Jump Burpees
- 25 Meter Sled Push-Pull @ 2 x BW
- 100 Meter Run
- 50 Meter Walking Lunge to Single Leg Deadlift w/Bar (see notes)
- 25 Meters Skipping
- 5 Minutes Walking
- 30 Seconds High Knee Marching
- 30 Seconds Raise Arms-Lower to Sides-Calf Raise
- 30 Seconds Side Bends
- 30 Seconds Dumbbell Deadlift to Side Lateral Raise @ 5#/Hand
- 30 Seconds Holding Dumbbells Out to Side w/Squat @ 5#/Hand
- 30 Seconds Jogging
- 5 Minutes Walking
- These workouts can be completed one after another or separately.
- Make sure you keep good form, even if you are trying to go fast.
- Make sure you alternate your cartwheels.
- When you go to jump on the burpees, you’ll need to jump as far a possible forward before completing the next rep.
- On the walking lunge to single leg deadlift, hold the bar in the front rack position. Lunge forward and, as you stand, bring the bar down until it is down at your hips. Bending at the hips, keep one foot on the ground and the other straight out behind you so that your body is parallel to the ground and the bar is near or touching the ground. Return to standing, clean the bar back into position and repeat on the other side until you complete the listed distance.
- Steven’s workout is meant to be very easy.
- For the third exercise, raise your arm over your head, then lower them to your sides like in a jumping jack in an easy motion. Then perform a calf raise. Repeat until the time is up.
- Make sure your hands are over your head during the side bends.
- Pick up the dumbbells in in front of you, perform a side lateral raise and then lower the dumbbells back to the ground.