The Frieza Workout (Inspired by Frieza’s Forms)
Until “Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu no F” comes out, we’ve never seen Frieza train. Not one time. He sits in his chair, being ridiculously powerful, barking out orders. He never had a reason to push himself to a higher level, because there was no one to challenge him and, by the time there was, it was too late to make himself any stronger, because he was dead.
This workout is not Frieza’s training during “Fukkatsu no F,” but is merely a workout inspired by his Forms. When the movie comes out, I’m looking forward to making a workout for his on-screen training, too. Until then, though, this will have to hold us over.
This workout is meant to be completed in stages. Stop whenever you feel like you need to.
Train With Our Free Boot Camp!
Don't be intimidated by the complexities of training!
Join our boot camp mini-course to get started in the right direction!
|I would hope not.|
The Frieza Workout
- 20 Alternating One-Arm Kettlebell Snatch (1.5 Pood)
- 50 Double Unders
- 10 Strict Overhead Press (95#)
- 10 Push-Presses (95#)
- 10 Thrusters (95#)
- Bodyweight Bench Press- 10 Reps
- 1.5x Bodyweight Back Squat- 10 Reps
- 2x Bodyweight Deadlift– 10 Reps
AMRAP in 7 Minutes. Rest 2 Minutes, then
- 100 Meter Sprint
- 10 Burpees
- 20 Ball Slams (20#)
- 20 Wall Balls (20#)
- 20 Meter Sled Push (250#)
- 10 Alternating Split Squats
- 10 Triple Unders (OR 30 Double Unders)
- 3/4 Bodyweight Overhead Walking Lunge- 5 Reps (Each Side)
- Bodyweight Clean and Jerk- 1 Rep
- First Form is mimicking Frieza holding the death ball above his head and the times we see him floating in the air looking out at Namek from his ship.
- Second Form is based on the muscular body Frieza possesses; particularly his shoulders and arms.
- Third Form is based on the sheer mass of Frieza’s body. He has a wide stance for balance and the massive armor-like structures across his shoulders and back.
- Fourth Form is showcasing Frieza’s speed and athletic ability, as he dodges all of his opponents’ attacks, leading up to his fight with Goku.
- 50% Power is based on the complete domination that Frieza demonstrated against non-Super Saiyan Goku, followed by being dominated by Super Saiyan Goku and then trying to blow up the planet. You’ll feel beat down and “5 Minutes” will feel just as long as it did when we waited for Namek to blow up.
- 100% Power is based on the last parts of Goku and Frieza’s fight on Namek. The first exercise emulates where Frieza was pushing Goku through the ground at high speed and the second is a nod to Frieza jumping up and splitting himself in half with his own attack, which I though was funny. 😀
- Total time for this workout, including rest periods, is 49 Minutes. Do your best, but please stop if you feel like you must. This workout is going to take you to hell and back if you aren’t prepared for it.
- Alternatively, you could also do any of these workouts separately from the whole.
- Each exercise that is listed for single limbs, like the KB snatch or the split squats is that many reps on each side, not that many reps total.
- If you don’t have a sled, you can push a wheelbarrow or pull a tire with some weights on it, or even pull against a friend who is holding onto the other side of the rope.
- Please be careful on the Third Form. That one can get pretty nasty. If you have to scale the weights down, then so be it, but don’t feel bad if your body says no or you run out of time in the middle of the second or third exercise. 1.5-2x bodyweight is rough for a lot of people.
- The last section is based on the fight with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku. The Triple Unders are for when he first transforms. The Overhead Walking Lunges are for the brutality of the fight. The Clean and Jerk is for resisting the Kamehameha. Depending on your strength and how tired you are, you may not finish the last round at all.